Arizona authors and publishers – we invite your participation!
Author Registrations are now CLOSED. We are holding a waiting list if you’d like to send in a registration, you can.
Please read the following criteria then download the attached Author Guidelines and Application 2021 Form, complete and return.
CRITERIA FOR AUTHOR ACCEPTANCE
PAYSON BOOK FESTIVAL –JULY 17, 2021
1. This is a family-oriented event open to Arizona authors and publishers only.
2. Authors must have a physical product to sell. There is no limit to the number of titles offered for sale.
3. We recommend that authors selling their own books obtain a PayPal or Square reader to be able to process debit/credit card payments. Each author will be responsible for processing his/her own sales and for following all state and local policies regarding collecting and remitting sales tax.
4. Traditionally published and Self-published authors may arrange for sales of their books onsite by an independent book service. If interested in this option, contact Gardner’s Book Service at http://www.gbsbooks.com/, email@example.com, two months before the event.
5. Applications must be postmarked no later than April 30, 2021. Applications will be accepted on a first- come, first-served basis. Authors will be notified of acceptance by May 30, 2021.
6. Authors must provide an author photo (headshot or face and shoulders ONLY) in 300 dots per inch (dpi) resolution digital format that may be .jpg, .png, or .tiff files, plus their genre(s), electronic book cover, and a short biography of 100 words or less.
7. Author must complete his/her own application and payment.
8. A full table is 8-foot long. If you wish to share a table with another author, you can arrange your own table mate being sure the other author registers with this organization. Otherwise, the organizers will make table assignments. Where possible, you will be paired with someone in a different genre. (Table prices are on the application form.)
9. Two chairs will be supplied for each table. Exhibitors may bring their own table coverings. Advertising, signs and banners may only be placed on tabletops if they do not exceed 2 feet, or taped to the front of the table. If assigned to a table against a wall, posters may be mounted there (without damage to the wall).
10. Festival hours are 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Authors will be allowed to set up their tables at 7:30am and are expected to stay until the close of the festival at 3:30 p.m. Volunteers will be available to help so that there are no empty tables before closing.
11. Authors will cover all costs associated with travel, lodging, meals, shipping costs, sales, business licensing fees, tax remittance and any/all other costs associated with participating in the Payson Book Festival.
12. Authors, please donate one book for drawings to be held throughout the day. Please arrange to get the books to us early, so prize and drawing baskets can be assembled ahead of time.
13. Authors are encouraged to promote their participation via social media platforms and other marketing strategies.
14. Authors are encouraged to fill out Evaluation sheets (available in your author packet given to you Friday or Saturday morning) and turn them in at the end of the day. Boxes will be available at the registration table.
Please print the Author Guidelines and Application 2021 Form.
Payment: Mail your completed application and check payable to Arizona Professional Writers (APW) to: Arizona Professional Writers, PO Box 1495, Payson, AZ 85547. Checks will be cashed upon acceptance.
Click on the link to fill out this Form above and Pay via Paypal